Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yesterday I met Juan Carlos, a friend of my host Christian who works every day so he doesn't have time for me during the day. Juan was my guide in the city. We visited Bolivar Square, commonly called "lizards square" because you can see so many of them!! You can also touch them - it was an amazing experience for me. They are very funny and friendly animals.
Then we went for a walk along the bay and to the university where you can see turtles from Galapagos. I am going to skip Galapagos islands this year as it is a very expensive trip, for this money I can do many other things in South America. But I heard that the islands are unique and incredible experience. The turtles were huge, I was touching them everywhere, they have soft and dry neck with hard head and body. So peaceful as well, you have to like them straight away.
I had a very nice evening too, at a Couch Surfing meeting. Some people picked me up by car and we went to eat tacos, a very tasty snack. The CS group made a good impression on me.