Saturday, October 16, 2010

In Peru you have to learn how to recognise fake money. This skill is a must. You buy something in a shop - the shop assistant checks carefully your banknotes and coins. He/she gives you change - you check carefully the banknotes and coins. We used to do it in Poland 20 years ago (well, maybe some people still do it now) then I completely forgot about all this business and now the past has come back.

Today I phoned Cesar from Couch Surfing, we met and spent the whole day in Miraflores district (in the picture). The weather was beautiful, the place was very clean and the air was fresh. I enjoyed our long walk a lot.
At night Pamela (not from CS, I just met her in a bar yesterday and it appeared that she lives very close to my host) picked me up and we went to... Miraflores again, to meet friends and to spend time in a lovely bar called La Maquina where they serve the best fruit juices in the world :)