Thursday, October 28, 2010

I was dancing last night :) First I went to a Couch Surfing meeting in Plaza de Armas. I met lovely people and to my big surprise I saw Alex from Spain who I met in Cali, Colombia, two months ago (in the picture with glasses). He has been travelling for 9 months now and he will finish his trip in December. He made a lot of miles by bus - from Brazil to Argentina, then Peru, Colombia, Panama, back to the south of the continent, then back to the north and now he is heading to Argentina again. He spent a lot of hours travelling on buses, I thought that nobody could beat me :)

We had a great time yesterday although I was feeling sick again (what the hell is wrong with me??). At the CS meeting I drank coca tea (you make cocaina from coca leaves but they are also good for altitude sickness). We went to a club with a loud rock music (it was a concert of a Peruvian group) so I didn't dance and I couldn't chat with anyone. After half an hour I phoned my host Jhoel and I asked him what he was doing. He didn't come to the Couch Surfing meeting as his ex-girlfriend was there. They just ended the relationship in a bad way, so he is avoiding her. Apparently, when they were going out, he saw her four times (on seperate occasions) kissing other men. I asked him: are you sure it was her kissing them or maybe you kissing girls? He did swear it was her.
Jhoel picked me up ten minutes later and we went to three discos where I met Jhoel's friends. The music was not my cup of tea but we were dancing salsa to techno music ha ha ha....
You don't pay entrance fee to clubs in Cusco which is great, and you get one free drink, which is even greater! Unfortunately people can smoke in pubs and clubs in Peru. So: you can't smoke in Brazil, can in Venezuela, can't in Colombia, can in Ecuador, can in Peru.

I woke up too late today and I missed my bus to Puno, so I went for a walk in Cusco again. The streets are very narrow which is beautiful and annoying at the same time. You have to give priority to cars all the time and there is very little space for pedestrians.
I forgot to mention yesterday that when I was in Machu Picchu... at one point... unexpectedly... I heard quiet music coming out from somewhere. It was a Peruvian flute version of the most famous in the world lambada song!!! - And no, I wasn't drunk; it was a sign from heaven... :))

Finally I managed to upload a video of the "dancing fountains" (3D show) in Lima, which I loved.
Circuito Magico del Agua, Lima
And also a video of the Ecuadorian wedding I was invited to:
Ecuadorian wedding, Quito 25.09.2010