Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yesterday I went to Barranco district again (in the picture) where I met Oscar from Couch Surfing for a drink. In the evening I went to a buddhist centre (why not?... :)) I used to practice Tibetan buddhism for ten years. Yesterday it was a quite good lecture of a German teacher about buddhism in the contemporary world.
Today Marco took me to the financial centre of Lima, to show me how developed the district is. It reminded me very much of Liverpool Street in London which I don't like - too much rush and stress in the streets.

This night I am going to Arequipa, south of Peru. Apparently it is warmer there than in Lima, I hope so! After my Brazilian beach overdose in the first three months of my trip, I would do with some sunbathing now. Unfortunately it is only spring in Peru. At least it almost never rains here. Can you imagine, people from London? :)
My stay in Lima has been very intensive - I did a lot of visiting and I met some people but not a lot. I always felt that my host Marco was happy to chat with me so I didn't feel lonely and it wasn't necessary for me to contact many people, as I usually do.
I love Lima, it has a lot to offer and it is beautiful. I wouldn't mind living here if I had a good job.