Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yesterday (all my posts are going to start from "yesterday" or "last night" as I always write them in the late morning/afternoon, when the temperature outside is unbearable :)) I went for a very long walk along the three beaches: Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. It was a little bit cooler, only 32 degrees :) and as the beaches are very long I walked for four hours and just had to stop few times to drink water.
I came back home knackered but half an hour later I went out with Giovanni and his friends to a lambada zouk place called Dino's Pub, ten minutes from my home. And yes, yes, yes!! I did a lot of proper dancing there. The style was completely different that the one we do in London. Giovanni has been dancing for 26 years (professionally for the last 15 years), and he said that he had never seen a style like this before. They don't do much head movements and no spinning at all - the two elements in lambada zouk that I love the most. I definitely prefer the London style, however it was interesting once I adopted the steps. The music was different than in London too, it was mixed with some modern beats, and I like the traditional lambada music.
Then, at about 1 am they put a lot of smoke and you couldn't see anyone within one meter... I have never seen anything like this, you just hardly could see who you were dancing with :) I think the solution for this is to stick to somebody before they put the smoke so you don't have the problem of selecting who you want to dance with when you can see nothing. Ha ha ha... it was funny.
I came back home at 3 am and I forgot that yesterday I shared the key with my host Ricardo. He came back from a birthday party at 4 am and he was knocking/banging on the door until I woke up at 5.15 am........