Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Last night I went to the forro' club in Laranjeiras and... I couldn't believe my eyes!! - I met my lambada zouk teacher from London, Giovanni (from the Holborn club, on the picture with the hat). We looked at each other and both thought "nooo, it's not possible", then we looked again and we started shouting :)) I still can't believe it. He is Brazilian but not from Rio. We never really talked before, just danced, and last night I found out about all his life in one hour.
The forro' place was great - two floors and live band on each floor. Plus men who can dance, it makes a big difference. I met a lot of people as it was actually an official Couch Surfing meeting.
The paying system is different than in Europe. When you come to the club you get a slip with the entrance fee and then whatever you order is put on the slip. You pay the whole amount when you are leaving.
There is just one thing about Brazilian people that drives me nuts. They say "I don't know" too often. For me there is not such an answer. If you really don't know something you try to figure out the best suitable answer or solution, or you say I will find out and you ask around or google it (especially when the question is related to your city). Some Brazilians are just not bothered.
Yesterday I went to the Sugar Loaf, the view from it is amazing, Rio is a very beautiful city. However, there were too many tourists in the place so I had a look around and I quickly run away.
I felt so good yesterday when I was walking on the main street of Copacabana and I wasn't robbed, killed, spoke to few people on my way and didn't get confused with the money when I was buying something in the shops. I felt like the world belongs to me again :)