Friday, February 19, 2010

Trancoso's beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. I am sure I will be amazed by other ones in South America but this one is fantastic - long, wide, clean sand and water (in contrary to Rio's beaches), high palm trees by the beach, quiet music coming out from a very few bars/restaurants and not crowded at all. Just a paradise.
João works in a local school as a Maths teacher. He told me about his work, family, Couch Surfing guests he had and of course a lot about lambada. All this in Portugese and suprisingly I understand 80 per cent of what he is saying.
I haven't washed my clothes for almost three weeks now and they start to smell. Especially my pigamas which I put on every night and I sweat a lot when I wake up. It becomes stiff. I am trying to ignore this but sooner or later somebody is going to notice it (hopefully not a nice man :)) so I have to do washing very soon. So far I have been using a washing replacement method - airing the clothes outdoors, it works for a while.
The most important things to survive are good sleep and some food. I can't complaint about sleep but I eat very little as it's too hot.