Saturday, February 20, 2010

I did sooo much dancing yesterday, 5-hour forro' marathon with some great Brazilian dancers. Smile never disappeared from my face while dancing and I was the last one to leave the floor. What's more, today is a big lambada zouk party in Trancoso and people I met yesterday will come to the party today. I am so happy!!
Rio is great for visiting and also very beautiful but it didn't cater for what I desperately needed - lambada and forro', they dance just funky samba and drink a lot in Rio. I hope that now on I will be doing what I came to South America for - dancing!!  (mainly at weekends I suppose).
Although it said on the leaflets that the club would open at 10 pm, it was closed until 11.00 so I started chatting to a guy in a street. He said he was a lambada zouk teacher from Porto Seguro. I didn't believe him so he asked me for a dance and we were dancing in the middle of the street :) Then we went for a walk to a very dark place where he tried to kiss me so I got annoyed and started walking back to the club, leaving him in the dark. Maybe I will meet him today again. Why didn't I kiss him? - I just can't stand men who smoke and you can smell cigarettes right from the beginning of the conversation... not to mention dancing.
When I got to the club, there were about five people sitting at the tables. Two guys offered me beer (in a plastic cup, and just when I finished drinking it I remembered so many people telling me not to accept any drinks in cups as they might be spiked). Then we played pool for an hour and when I saw few couples dancing on the floor I asked one guy for a dance. In London I know everyone in the club so they ask me for a dance, here I have to ask guys first so people know I can dance, and after a while a lot of guys ask me for a dance.
There are two things I don't like very much. Firstly, there is no recycling system in Trancoso and I feel sooo guilty when I put paper in the kitchen bin. I had an idea of carrying the paper with me until I find a special bin for paper but then I realised I could carry it for a year so I gave up the idea.
Secondly, I started killing. I killed two gigantic ants and a huge cockroach yesterday, which I thought was going to jump on me. I hate killing but it was my first reaction when I saw them (and the ants' bite is so strong and painful...). I am scared to even think what I will have to kill in the jungle: spiders, snakes etc.
On the positive side, Brazilians gained a big point from me for loving dogs. There are many dogs in the streets, people take them for a walk, talk to them and they seem to be very happy dogs :)