Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BRAZIL, In Rio de Janeiro

I arrived in Rio 2 days ago. The flight was very good and the change in Madrid very quick and well orgnised. Neither the airline nor the Brazilian customs asked me for a proof of an onward trip which I was told and read on the Brazilian consulate website was a requirement to enter the country.
I took a bus from the airport and arrived in Terminal Alvorada where I met Renato, my first host in Rio and in South America. He lives in a nice appartment 10 minutes away from the beach, a little bit outside of Rio, in a district called Recreiro.
Of course, on my first day I run to the beach and stayed there for hours, burning my feet and almost drawning under two huge waves. In the evening I taught Renato dance lambada, we were also dancing forro' and then Renato played guitar and sang some songs in Portugese.
How I am feeling about being in Rio at the beginning of my 1-year trip? Still stressed after work, confused and not really fully aware where I am :)