Monday, February 8, 2010

Renato gave me a lift to the house of my second host in Rio, Ricardo. On the way he showed me the largest favela in South America, called Rocinha.
So... I live in Copacabana now. Yesterday I realised that this is my life for the next year: different house each week and different host each week, which seems a little bit scary...
Ricardo lives between two best beaches in Rio - Ipanema (in the picture) and Copacabana. From his 11th floor's flat you can see Rodrigo de Freitas Lake and the Copacabana beach. The statue of Christ The Redeemer is very close as well.
Yesterday we went out to a club with Ricardo's six friends. It was a nice club with only Brazilian music but... there was not much dancing going on. I danced a little bit forro' with some guys but I was not satisfied. I was told that there is a good forro' place open today and a good lambada zouk place tomorrow (for professionals apparently) so my expectations are high :)
Going to the Sugar Loaf now!!