Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today is the last day of the Rio de Janeiro carnival, thanks god :) - in the picture my friend Jaime is enjoying the last bloco.
I am going to Porto Seguro tomorrow: 1,120 km north from Rio, I mean I hope I am going as I could not find the timetable anywhere on the internet (the links are not working) and the people at Brendzia's hotel know nothing about buses from Rio (usual answer: "I don't know").
My conclusions about Rio de Janeiro:
Did I enjoy my stay in Rio? yes, very much
Why? very beautiful city, I met nice local people, very good public transport (even at night), beautiful beaches, meeting Brendzia and her gang, meeting Enrico and Giovanni
Did I enjoy the most famous in the world carnival of Rio de Janeiro? no
Why? too many drunk people, too much urine on the streets, crowds everywhere - I am just not patient enough. The parade was beautiful but how long can you watch it for?...
Could I live in Rio de Janeiro? I don't think so
Why? big city with too much mess happening here, too many "I don't know" answers, I have impression that you can't make friendships here as everyone is busy going to parties :)
What do I think about people from Rio? well.... I prefer Italians... :) but I met some very nice people
What did I enjoy the most about Rio? the statue of the Christ
Why? amazing
Bye bye Rio!!...