Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back in London, once I found hosts in Rio, I contacted some people and asked them if they would like to meet up for a drink. Yesterday I met two Couch Surfing girls: first Paula and then Eliz. They are absolutely fantastic girls. Paula is very professional and ambitious (in the picture) and sacrifises fun for her studies; she is biologist and studies interior design. Eliz is very bright and parties a lot; she works in a rehabilitation clinic as a physiotherapist.
Before I met them, I went to downtown to have a look around. My Ecuadorian friend from a salsa club in London told me that in the centre of Rio de Janeiro they will steal your knickers and you will not notice that (magic), so I was checking every ten minutes if I had them on ha ha ha... I had a strong feeling that I couldn't take out my camera too often, and when I was taking pictures I was very careful.
In the late evening Eliz's friend joined us, as well as my three American friends I met a night before and we went to the Couch Surfing beach party near Sugar Loaf, which was a lot of fun.
Mission of the day: to find out what you do when the hair starts growing on your legs and your epilator you were using for 15 years broke down in the first week of your trip....