Sunday, February 14, 2010

My host Eduardo (in the picture) parties all the time. He comes back home for 2 - 3 hours at night to rest and when I wake up in the morning he is gone. He tried to convince me to go to great blocos which start at 6 am every day, but he did not succeed... Carnival is madness, so many people in the streets, many different blocos, music everywhere, people peeing in the street (and you step into it all the time), guys grabbing your hand (or bottom) when you try to pass - I got tired and aggressive few times. Well, been here, done this and... never again :)
However I think that everything that brings happiness is good and many people love the carnival, and I actually understand the excitement and joy of people so at the end I think that the carnival does a lot of good and everyone should experience it.
I will be leaving Rio next week and what I feel is that it was a right decision to come here at the beginning of my trip. I also started relaxing properly just now, after two weeks. I go to bed and I don't worry that I have to wake up and go to work the next day, instead I can do whatever I want and I know that each day is going to be different, and this feels sooo good...
Yesterday I met my best friend Brenda from London in Rio (this meeting was planned). She was travelling in Argentina first and then she came to Rio with her daughter Jessica and son George, and some friends. It was great to feel for a second that I am kind of in London again... :)