Monday, February 15, 2010


My dear friends, sorry for the late (but better late than none) wishes: Happy Valentine's Day!! - Lots of Love from Rio!!.... from me!!
I had a very pleasant day yesterday: I woke up at 2 pm... hmmm basta with sleeping until so late now!! and decided to join Brendzia and her gang in Copacabana. On the tube I met Alexandre, a Brazilian guy working at the University as a lecturer in Electronics and Informatics. We went to the beach together and then joined Brendzia at her hotel. Later in the night I met Junior from Couch Surfing for a drink, he works as a flight attendant and just came back from Madrid (on the picture, from the left: Alexandre, Luciana, me and Junior).
On the bus home I met my American friend (he asked me not to mention his name and any details of the story below). He has been travelling in South America for a year now and then he is going to travel to other parts of the world. I asked him where he has the money from for the travels and he told me that he had been sexually harassed at work, back in America. His female manager was asking him to come to work at all possible hours, calling him whenever she wanted, leaving him personal letters on his desk etc. Eventually he went to an employment lawyer for advice. The lawyer came to the company to act as a mediator and decided that her behaviour was sexual harassment. My friend got a good compensation package and as he couldn't work for the company any more, he decided to go travelling....