Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Although what happened in Arraia d'Ajuda shook me, I am enjoying my stay in Porto Seguro a lot. I decided not to think about the shooting and just carry on my travelling. There is nothing really I can do about it and I don't see how I can be more careful, it just can happen anytime and anywhere. Since I arrived here I haven't seen a single police patrol as the police is apparently resting after the carnival. This is the hardest thing to understand.
I dance a lot in PS, it's a great town for lambada zouk. I went to the famous Oasis club of which I heard so much in London (in the picture).
Yesterday I finally found a laundry place. It was an experience as well. They don't have self-service washing machines like in London, you leave your clothes with the people and they wash and iron them for you. Which is ok, just that when I brought my dirty clothes in a plastic bag, the laundry man started taking them out in front of Geraldo and everyone in the que - my stinky pigamas, smelly dresses, dirty bras and knickers. I shouted: no!!! - as I was sooo embarrassed. I asked Geraldo to tell the man not to take my clothes out in front of everyone. But they both started laughing and told me to relax as this was absolutely normal for them. Well... never again laundry in Brazil... not only embarrassing but also very expensive - I paid 7 pounds. From now on it is going to be hand washing.