Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yesterday we went to inauguration of the Salsa World Championship 2010. The competition will start on the 11th September and will last a week, and then I am leaving Cali :((
The inauguration took place in Teatro Municipal, called also Teatro Municipal Enrique Buenaventura (the building is so beautiful...). I can imagine that the championship will be an absolute craziness as we are in Cali. I repeat it again: I have never been to a city like this before, it is the best salsa place in the world. Simply The Best.
Afterwards we went to San Antonio with my friends and the Couch Surfing people. I had a good time.
In the picture - some very talented children after the inauguration, showing off their salsa skills in front of the theatre. Children here learn salsa very early, as we learn reading and writing in Europe.