Friday, August 20, 2010

On Wednesday night I met DJ Ara. He invited me to a club called Melodias in Avenida Roosevelt, very close to my house. The place was not big but very impressive, the music was good and I had a long chat with Ara. Of course we were dancing a lot too. At one point I started laughing and I couldn't stop. The reason was that I saw a man with a huge neck support, dancing with a girl. This can happen only in Cali.... In Europe this person would sit at home and felt sorry for himself, in Cali he goes dancing even if his neck is broken ha ha ha....

What happened in my class on Wednesday (the horoscope incident) did upset me. Plus I can't look at my landlady any more. There is so much negative energy around her and her face always looks as if somebody just died. I am always scared that something bad happened when I see her face. She was at home all day yesterday and I felt uncomfortable. Also, another surprising thing happened to me in a salsa club yesterday. A guy who told me that he liked me very much (and not only told) was about to dance with me but another girl came to us (his Colombian friend) and she demanded that he dances with her. He started dancing with her, not me, and then he was dancing with everyone else but me (well, I was surrounded by many good looking men, but could this be the reason??...). I am just giving up, I don't understand Colombian men, they are disaster I would say.
For the reasons above I feel like I want to continue my travels and leave Cali behind. I am sure this feeling will change again (I didn't have mood ups and downs for about fifteen years, they started to appear again from the beginning of my trip).

Early today I met Sandra who is a manager of the environmental project at MIRA and we went to recreation grounds far in the north of the city (in the picture). We do a recycling experiment on these grounds. We had a walk around and chat with people working in the office. We also inspected the recycling bins which are disaster comparing to England, reason: lack of money.
Sandra wants to give a talk about recycling and I am going to help her to organise it.