Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today I gave my first English class in MIRA. I had a lot of introductions to the people and their work before as we were waiting for the director to sign documents approving my work.
I teach a group of about 20 people and it seems that.... they loved the class. They were so enthusiastic that it was very rewarding, all my preparations and waiting for the director's permission.

Suddenly I got busy. MIRA asked me to start the work, I am having tatoo done this evening, I am doing the lambada class on Sunday and I also have an appointment with a man who makes special shoes for dancing. He comes to your house with a catalogue, takes measure of your feet and makes shoes to order, exactly what you want. He is a salsa dancer as well so he can advise what shoes are suitable for you.
I teach Wilber lambada, one hour a day. We are doing the class on Sunday and he is worried that he is not good enough. Well, you can't be good at something in just a week! At least he got the basic steps, and this is very important.
Yesterday we went to see two great modern dance shows (no salsa this time). It is amazing that there are many shows, theatre plays and cinema screenings in Cali - all gratis.
In the picture after a fantastic dance show in Teatro Municipal.