Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This morning David did something I didn't like very much. To make the situation more dramatic I will mention that everyone thinks that David is my boyfriend because we hang out together a lot.
He came to my house in the morning. I was leaving to work so he walked with me to MIRA's office, ten minutes away from my house. When we arrived, I opened the office door - there were some pictures of politicians on the wall. David saw them and shouted in English: "they are thieves". Three of my students were standing by the door and I hope they didn't understand what he shouted. This was really bad and stupid thing to do. I understand that you can have your own opinion but MIRA is an organisation I work for and he shouldn't have done what he did for this reason. I feel very upset now. I am going to talk to him as soon as I see him although what he did completely put me off meeting him again.
What do I think about MIRA? I got involved in some projects and I can say that the organisation does a lot of great work for the poor families and the natural environment. For example they implement a free education programme in poor districts, work on a recycling scheme in the city (on which I work with them) or even physically help when there is a natural disaster.
I don't know much about MIRA's politicians but in all the countries in the world people think that politicians are thieves (with my father in the first place).
Interesting news? The house where I live now used to be a "burdel" - brothel where many prositutes lived. It was also a drug trade centre, until four years ago. There is why each room has a private bathroom (I was wondering why there is such a luxury in this house). I finally understood why people call us from time to time and simply ask when the service is available....
In the picture Carolina (my landlady's daughter) by the entrance door.