Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eventually, after 7 months of my trip, I got robbed at gunpoint. My three friends and I went for a walk to Three Cruises hill and we were attacked by armed men and a five-year old child (yes, five-year old !!). The men were pointing guns at us. The child took our bags and searched our pockets. They took my lovely mobile phone, a present from Egypt and a photo camera, a present from my ex-boyfriend from Switzerland. So here I am again, in the internet cafe'.... dealing with documents for my insurance company.
What can I say??... When I saw the men approaching us with guns, I was not surprised. I felt very calm, as it was something that happens to you every day. I was actually surprised by my reaction, I thought I would fight or shout, but luckily I didn't. Every day I understand more why people are happy in this country and why they help each other whenever they can. It is because you never know if you are going to be alive tomorrow so you enjoy every day you have left.

I am tired today. I didn't sleep all the night as we were partying hard until 8 am. I wanted to forget about the robbery so I drank some heavy stuff from the Pacific region (called viche).
http://www.quantic.org/journal/2010/08/17/viche/
I have to say that my friends from Cali are wonderful. They were worried about me when I told them about the incident and we talked about it (hey, in Spanish!!) - this was exactly what I needed to feel better.