Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have a cold. I thought it was not possible to have a cold in this weather, but obviously it is. However, the cold is mild and it will go away quickly as the weather is nice and I am not stressed. When I had colds in London, they carried on for weeks or months. My first thought was that I had malaria as I stopped taking the malaria tablets soon after I had left the Amazon. However, if it was malaria, I would have been dead by now.
This morning there was a very unpleasant situation at home. The family cleaned the house two weeks ago and they put furniture in different places. They put TV right by my room and this is how the problem started. It is always noisy at home because we live by the a main road, La Quinta. The family put the volume high to hear the TV. For this reason I couldn't sleep in the mornings and at nights when they were watching TV (even with earplugs!). Eventually I asked them to put the volume down, which they did. This morning I had a Spanish class. We had it in my room (normally we have it in the sitting room) as the TV was on. I asked Aura's son (who doesn't live here anyway) to put the volume down because I had the Spanish class and the noise was disturbing me and my teacher. He said no because he wouldn't be able to hear the TV. I got really crossed. Aura's boyfriend looked at me tiredly, he said nothing.
I really didn't like what the guy said. Some time ago the phone was ringing at 7 am every morning, waking me up, and also all other people at home. Of course I was the only one to complain as Colombians just accept everything that happens. The family put the phone in their room so it doesn't wake us up any more. Now I complained again. I feel like an egoist. But am I??...
I have to speak to Wilber and ask him what he thinks about it. Wilber complained about the phone and TV long before, when they put TV by his room. He complained only to me of course.