Monday, August 9, 2010

On Saturday I stayed all day at home. I had a Spanish class and then two hours of dancing lambada with Wilber. He was upset at the beginning because he was doing salsa steps instead of lambada ones. I tried to explain to him that you can't expect from somebody who is a salsa teacher and who has been dancing salsa all his life to learn the perfect lambada steps in five days. It took me three months of intensive dancing to adopt the lambada steps.
In the evening I studied dancing vocabulary in Spanish, for example "right foot forward, turn around, spin, throw your hair, face each other".

Yesterday we finally did the class, after hours of preparations. I think it was good but.... yes, if not only this BUT. I think people don't appreciate if something is gratis. They didn't pay much attention, talked to the people resting on benches or were laughing loudly. It was disturbing me and the people really interested in learning lambada. At one point, when a guy brought a bowl full of crisps and started giving them to the dancing couples, I lost my patience and I was about to leave in the middle of the class. But instead, I loudly shouted at everyone around and they finally got that I was unhappy. In Europe we call it a total lack of respect but I know that here it is different. They didn't mean anything wrong, they just don't have this ability to think that talking can disturb or that we eat after the class, not during. The class cost me too much energy therefore I am not going to do it any more. In the picture: with some of the Couch Surfers after the class.