Thursday, August 5, 2010

I've got a tattoo. The first tattoo I have. It is not just a tattoo - it is Tattoo From Cali. Every time I will look at it, till the end of my life, I will think about the wonderful and crazy nights out I had in the world capital of Colombian salsa. I will think about passion, madness, enthusiasm and love for salsa dance and music.
It is like the scar I have on my face after the accident in Brazil. When I look at it in the mirror every day, I remember the horrible experiences I went through...

I paid 35 pounds for the tattoo. I spent two hours on a chair clenching my teeth in pain and trying not to shout. The pain was excruciating as they don't use anaesthetic here (I am not sure about London). Eduardo, my tattooist, told me that anaesthetic they use in Colombia changes structure of the cells in the skin. When it stops working, the skin comes back to the previous structure, modifying the shape of tattoo which may look ugly.
I thought I would faint few times but I managed to stand the pain until the end. The tattoo is beautiful, I was looking for a design for three years and I didn't like anything. When I went to the (recommended by a good friend) tattoo studio called Anubis Art in La Quinta road, I showed Eduardo five designs I found on Internet. He said to some of them "no" straight away because he didn't like them so we chose one which we both liked. He did draw some changes on the design, showed me and I liked it very much!!
I can't dance for two days now as the sweat may cause infection :(