Friday, November 12, 2010

Yesterday I went to a birthday party in Antonio's second restaurand. From the very beginning I felt that the people were unusually spiritual, and I quickly understood that it was a Hare Krishna party. The birthday girl was Magdalena from Colombia, Bogota' (in the picture). She just moved from Bogota' to La Paz to be with her boyfriend from Argentina. When we met, she said: "I saw you in the centre of La Paz yesterday!!" ha ha ha...
All the people were very nice at the party. I used to attend Hare Krishna prayers and festivals many years ago in Poland so I knew that environment.
They made two cakes. One was edible but the other one, which looked like a rich creamy chocolate cake, was absolutely disgusting. It was sugar and gluten free, it had too much flax seeds and it tasted like sand. I was looking at people's faces when they were eating it just to confirm that they were thinking the same. They were.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a very bad food poisoning. I am not going to say what I was doing all the night because you don't want to know. I haven't slept and eaten since. Well, it was expected, wasn't it?