Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 2

We woke up at 6 am (ouuuch!!...) and after breakfast we left. We had many great conversations in the car before we arrived in the place with unique in the world tombs. People used to be burried in these beautiful little caves, you can see their skeletons. The tombs are unique, as well as the salt houses and hotels, and they are situated in the middle of a desert called Sinoli. I loved the place, there was so much space around. I felt the vastness of space and I was happy. I thought that I could do anything I wanted with my life, nothing was impossible. Usually you feel small in the face of powerful but immensely silent nature... I felt incredibly strong.
After that we visited an active vulcano, amazing rocks in the desert and four beautiful lagoons with flamingos living peacefully in the region (in the picture at the first lagoon). I wanted to take a picture of my bare feet, dirty from the smelly mud due to its high sulphur content. I was looking for a position of my body with no shadow, I mean in Europe you have shadow on one side and no shadow on the other side of your body. After short confusion I realised that it was not possible - my feet were always in shadow.
There was a lot of dust in the desert. I always feel dirty in cities due to dust but never in deserts. In deserts I feel very integrated with the nature and dust is a part of the nature.

The last (fourth) lake is in a national park. The colour of the lake is intensive red due to a special kind of algea. The beautiful red colour disappears before the sunset so we were in a hurry to get to the park for 4 pm. We left our luggage in a 6-bed room and we went for a long walk. The area and lake are great. On the way back there was a strong freezing wind, very unpleasant.
When we were having tea in our hotel, Nadia and Lisabeth told us what happened to them in La Paz. They got on a taxi. Two more people got on before it even moved and one of them said he was a policeman, and he asked them for passports and money. The girls were confused and they said they had left everything in their hotel. So the policeman searched their rucksacks. The girls were looking at what he was doing all the time but when they returned to the hotel, their photo cameras were not in the rucksacks any more....

Later in the night, at the dining table, I heard two people speak Polish!! It was Kasia and Robert from Warsaw. We had a nice chat but unfortunately not very long as our drivers wanted to sleep and their rooms were by the dining room. It was getting freezing cold too.
When I told the Polish guys about my death experience they both asked, shocked "....so why didn't you come back home??" ha ha ha....