Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 3

We woke up at 4 am (ouch ouch ouch!!!..). It was very cold at night, everyone slept in clothes and hats. I slept only one hour, the cold kept me awake. We woke up so early because we wanted to see geysers on the altitiude of almost 5000 meters above the sea level. You can see them only early in the morning, later in the day the steam becomes invisible. It was freezing cold up there (-7 degrees).
After that we visited thermal springs and we dipped in the hot water (in the picture - I loved it). The temperature of the water was 30 - 35 degrees. The temperature outside was much lower... Somebody shouted my name in the springs... I turned my head and I saw Barbara who I had met on the trip from Copacabana to Island of Sun on Lake Titicaca, a week ago :)
Then we went to see an amazing green lagoon (this time the water seemed to be green) and then the driver gave me lift to the Chilean border. Thomas joined me, all other people carried on to a city in eastern Bolivia and then to Argentina.