Friday, November 5, 2010

In Puno, Lake Titicaca

Thank you so much to all the people who sent me these wonderful emails and messages. I am sure that reading them and the fact that you were thinking about me contributed to my quick recovery.
I left the clinic on my own request despite my doctor insisting that I stay under observation for few more days. I am not sure if it was because of my health condition or the mountains of money I was leaving in the clinic.
I paid 1,900 pounds for saving my life (diagonsis, 2 nights of intensive care, tests, medications).
I feel very weak and dizzy now but I want to leave Cusco this morning and move on. New life, new adventures...

Distance Cusco - Puno: 390 km, 7 hours on the bus, cost: 6 pounds. The route was very rural. There was no desert any more, just hills and some random primitive villages.
I met a girl on the bus. She lives in Holland, she is half Moroccan and half Chinese (interesting combination). We share a room in a nice hotel (3 pounds each). We went for a walk in the town this evening. There is a festival in Puno at the moment however I haven't found out yet what they are celebrating (in the picture).
Tomorrow I am doing a boat trip on Lake Titicaca.
Next batch of my pictures:
Cusco, Machu Picchu