Monday, November 22, 2010

I met Shirley's sister and her friend, they just arrived in Antofagasta. We all visited La Portada yesterday. It is a bunch of stones in the sea forming a beautiful gate (in the picture). Apparently this is what Antofagasta is famous for. It takes 30 minutes to get to La Portada, driving from the city through the desert. It is a very beautiful spot.
We also went to a seafood market and I bought huge mussles. Right by the market you can see sea lions, happily swimming in the sea. They are big and have funny faces :)
Than I went to a supermarket with Jorge (if you ask me what place I visited the most in Antofagasta, the answer will be Jumbo supermarket ha ha ha...). At night I cooked my speciality: mussles in tomato-cider sauce. We had a lot of fun while eating them as they were really big and some were difficult to open.