Sunday, November 7, 2010

BOLIVIA, In Copacabana

Distance Puno - Copacabana: 146 km, 3 hours on the bus, cost: 1.75 pounds.
The custom control on both sides was very easy and stress free, nothing like Ecuadorian - Peruvian border. When we arrived, a man from our bus recomended a hotel so all the people followed him to this hotel (what a great commission he got!!). I was the only person who had a look at the room and then I went to ask in other hotels for price and conditions. I asked in about 7 hotels, saw the rooms and at the end I came back to the first hotel which seemed to be the cheapest and the best. I have a big room with two beds, TV and a view over Titicaca. All this for 2.19 pounds a night. I already love Bolivian prices, I think Bolivia is a country for me :) I paid 1.32 pounds for a big lunch and 1.75 for a boat trip on Titicaca tomorrow.
The beach in Copacabana (in the picture) is beautiful but there is a lot of rubbish... such a pity!! Just like Copacabana in Brazil... People don't swim in the water because it is too dirty and too cold.
The town doesn't have a single cash machine, to get the money out you have to go to the only bank and pay 5% commission. It looks like this town is new to the tourism industry.