Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yesterday I went to a club with Cesar, it was supposed to be a salsa club but instead they played reagge. Apparently there are no good salsa clubs in Merida, they play mixed music all the night.
I moved out of Cesar's place. His girlfriend was coming from Caracas and she was unhappy that I was staying in the flat. Hmmm.... Before, in my trip, I met a lot of girlfriends of my hosts and we got on very well straight away.
Actually, everything went wrong in Merida:
1. Cesar was going to host me until Thursday and then another guy was going to host me until Sunday.
Cesar kicked me out this morning; the other guy confirmed twice that I could stay in his place and then he changed his mind. Cesar was very apologetic but he was more scared of his girlfriend. He wanted to bring me a present to the bus station in the evening (to feel less guilty) but I didn't want to see him.
2. There is a longest in the world cable car system in Merida (I did read about it in a guide from 2004 and I was so happy to experience it) however it broke down in 2005 and it is going to work again in two years time (apparently). See the picture.
3. I haven't found anyone who would like to do hiking with me (I sent many emails to Couch Surfers) and there are no paths so you have to know the way to the first cable car stop. I can't go on my own.
4. The most important thing - there are no salsa places!!
I am feeling upset today for the above reasons and I am not staying here any more, I am travelling to Maracaibo this night. I have three hosts in Maracaibo and a lot of Couch Surfers want to go out for a drink with me.