Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yesterday I had a very lazy afternoon, I did shopping and I had a chat with guys living with Dayana. They are heavy metal/rasta types and they play music in rock bands.
In the evening I met some Couch Surfers and we went to a very beautiful place where people dance. It is called Carribe Concert, a very high standard open air club with a swimming pool. They played salsa for about three hours and I was dancing. Although it wasn't the best quality dance, my dancing partners put all their hearts into the dance. At one point I got really sick and I had to run to the toilet to vomit, I think it is because of the heat and I also didn't drink much water. I like fizzy water and it is very difficult to find it here so I didn't bother with still water. However, I got scared after yesterday and I started drinking a lot of still water.
I felt sick for about 20 minutes and then I started dancing again. There was one lambada song (by Kaoma - the most popular in the world) and I was the only person who knew how to dance to it... Right before the club closed, Jose's friend Francisco and I jumped to the swimming pool in our clothes. It was forbidden but we decided to do it... just like naughty children :) As soon as we jumped, the security guards run towards us and told us to get out. We did, and before leaving the club we appologised to the owner who at the end was laughing at us.
I was given lift home and we started another party with the people from the flat and their friends. Marco made arepas for me (I am going to make them for my friends in London - you just mix special corn flour with water and salt, form the dough into flat shapes and put them in oven, although here people use electic arepa makers).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arepa
Then we started dancing salsa and then I was talking to Marco until 8 in the morning (by the way, Marco doesn't speak English, I had to speak Spanish!! :)).  I went to bed at 9 am, Dayana came back from a pub right before I fell asleep.... Dayana and I have completely different tastes when it comes to clubs and pubs so we go out seperately.