Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This morning Cesar and I exchanged information about lambada and salsa dance and music and we had a look at some videos. I know that my salsa friends read my blog so I decided to list songs I like very much (there will be more to come):
Mark Antony (Puerto Rico) "Valio la pena"
Celia Cruz (Cuba) "La vida es un carnaval"
Jorge Celedon (Colombia) "Che bonita es esta vida"
I also listened to vallenato music which I thought was salsa but it is a completely different kind of music. Vallenato uses acordeon a lot, example: Diomedes Diaz (Colombia). His music is very similar to Brazilian forro' but I prefer forro' to be honest.
Here are some Venezuelan salsa singers:
Oscar D'Leon, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Los Adolescentes (band).
Then we moved again to the subject of Cesar's political activity, called Movimento 13 (called after 13 of March 1987, when a student was killed). Tomorrow and after tomorrow 14 Universities in the country will go on strike, demanding from the government a change of its attitude towards Universities (not to be against them as it is now), to give promotions to teachers, to employ new teachers and to provide Universities with money.