Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I woke up at 6.30 am again today but it was different. I was not sleepy like yesterday but very happy that I had the whole day ahead of me. I suppose I could get used to getting up that early.
Yesterday I did the Italian class, it was great. We did some exercises (quite easy for me :)) and then we were talking about different types of Italian coffee. I was surprised to find out that there is caffee called "corretto" o "al'orza" or "leccese"... (although nobody knew what leccese was).
Today I went to a hairdresser and I let a very lazy lady to chop off a lot of my hair. Before I came to South America I was nervous, asking myself: what do you do if you need to do something? The answer is sooo simple!! - you need to go to a dentist... you go to a dentist, you need to go to a hairdresser.... you go to a hairdresser... you need to buy something particular... you buy this particular thing.
I am meeting Alejandro today and we are going to the ZOO. I love the idea of going to ZOOs in South America.
My new discoveries about Venezuela:
food in supermarket is very expensive, there are same prices that in cheap supermarkets in London and prices go up every month as a result of huge inflation
when you go to a restaurant, cheap bar or even when you buy food in a supermarket, you always have to show your ID national number
Venezuela broke up the business relationship with Colombia so the two countries don't trade any more
you will  not buy a new car in Venezuela as they do not import new cars any more