Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yesterday I went out with Dayana. First we visited her mother who lives in a town outside of Maracaibo (Dayana drove her car). Then we went to a bar in the town, to celebrate birthday of Dayana's friend. Hmmm... how can I say it??... I hated it. The bar was small, full of cigarette smoke and loud music (no salsa music of course). I tried to speak to somebody but I gave up very quickly because of the music and I went outside to the terrace. I suppose I looked miserable but I didn't care, I just wanted to leave this place and go home. Then I started talking to some Venezuelan people sitting next to me. They didn't like the place either but they said that there was no much choice of bars and clubs in the town so they were "forced" to come to this one. When Dayana joined me outside, I apologised for being miserable, I was not going to pretend I was enjoying myself.