Sunday, May 9, 2010

I am leaving Caracas today because it is a big city and the eight days I have spent here were enough to see all the main attractions and to do some dancing too :) I am heading to the mountains of Merida today (Sierra Nevada National Park) where I would like to do some hiking.
http://www.theworldwonders.com/southamerica/sierra-nevada-meridia.html

Today I have done the last bit of visiting as I went to the Avila mountain (El Avila) - 2765 meters above the sea level. You get to the top by a cable car (in the picture), it takes about 20 minutes each way. I liked it very much but it was not a good day for this kind of trip - it was a little bit cloudy, Sunday and also Mothers Day in Venezuela so there were too many people. Apparently the best time to visit the mountain is around 4 pm so you see the city during the day and you can wait for the sunset and until it gets dark. Unfortunately I was in a rush as I am taking a bus to Merida this evening.
Here are my pictures from Natal, Brazil:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37219358@N07/sets/72157623900957777/detail/?deleted=4493774579