Monday, May 24, 2010

I had sooo much fun yesterday... I was tired after the birthday party (too much Colombian rum??) but when Cynthia and Rocio phoned and invited me on a trip to the beaches called Taganga and Playa Grande, I could not refuse. We took a minibus which was full of people (I had to stand up and bend all the way as the minibus was really tiny) but it takes only ten minutes to get there. The beaches are amazing, surrounded by hills and what I like the most - there were no hotels and no restaurants by the Playa Grande beach, just some huts to have a break from the sun. I was so tired that I lied down and fell asleep immediately. The Girls woke me up few hours later, near the sunset, as we had to go. To get to this beach you climb a hill and to get back you take a boat (well, you can climb back but apparently it is a little bit dangerous - good excuse for lazy people :)). On the boat I felt very energetic again; there were some Colombian guys drinking rum and sharing it with me all the time. They were singing and shouting.... one big party on a small boat :) In the picture: the boat before departure, next to me Rocio and Cynthia.
Cynthia works in a hostel in Taganga so we went there to take shower and to change. Then we went to a very beautiful bar called Mirador. You can see the beach and the town from the terrace where you dance (there are two more nice bars/clubs in the town: Mojito and Sensation).
We met my Colombian dance partner Jose' :) with whom I was dancing all the night... and his two very nice friends. From 9 till 10 pm there was a happy hour for ladies. I thought that the drinks were half price or buy one get one free but not.... all the drinks were free for ladies during this one hour!!!!!!! - I could not believe it and I asked about 20 times if it was truth, before swilling down 6 cups of rum and cola. I said to the guys that if the same deal was available in London, everyone would come to the bar and drink too much so the bar wouldn't have any profit.
Well, the music was really good in Mirador: a lot of Colombian salsa, vallenato, marange, and some good disco music (disco for me is everything apart from lambada, bachata and the dances above).
I had a lot of fun, I came back home at 8 am, very happy.