Thursday, May 6, 2010

I hate Venezuelan mosquitos!! They bite you and at first it itches, then it burns and then it is painful. I scratch my legs until I see blood, I just can't help it.
However, the mosquitos are the only thing I hate here :)) I can't even describe how much I am enjoying myself in Caracas.
I live with Hernan and his girlfriend Aura now, right in the centre of Caracas, near Plaza Venezuela (the main square). I met Hernan yesterday morning and we went for a lunch to a place where he works at the moment. I met his two colleagues, two very cute dogs and two cats, and I had a great time with them. In the evening I met Alex from Couch Surfing and his friends, they invited me for a drink and I had a great time too. I will be dancing salsa today and at the weekend!!
I was talking to Alex about how dangerous the city is; there is a lot of kidnapping going on. The gang follows you when you drive back from work and they kidnapp you in front of your house (so they know where you live). Then they find out how much money the family owns and on this basis they demand a certain amount of money for releasing the victim. Alex has two friends who were kidnapped in the past however he told me not to be scared because they will not do it when I am walking in the streets.
In the picture with Alex and David.