Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I moved in with my second host in Maracaibo, Nehomar (aka Neo) and his family: parents, sister, brother and his girlfriend, their 3-year old son and..... a guinea pig :) They live far from the centre, in a district called Sierra Maestra, but they are such wonderful people that it doesn't matter. Neo has a car and he drives me everywhere, so kind!! My previous host Dayana was nice too but I didn't feel secure with her, I never knew what was going to happen in the next minute. With the family I found the feeling of security again.
In the late afternoon I met Lilly and Luis in La Estancia and I did a yoga class with Lilly (I was surprised to see this yoga class and not prepared at all so in the picture I am in a miniskirt :) and Lilly is behind me). It is so great that in Brazil and Venezuela they do free yoga classes, many people come to the classes and enjoy them a lot.
After the class we went to a theatre where you can watch films too. It is a French festival in Maracaibo at the moment so we watched "La hora cero" - film based on Agatha Christie's novel. The film was in French with Spanish subtitles so I decided to read the subtitles and learn new words in Spanish. I was surprised by how much I understood and indeed, I learnt some new words.