Monday, May 31, 2010

Yesterday Chloe' (a girl from Belgium who lives with us) asked me if I would like to go to a beach with her. I phoned Alex, the guy C&C sent me on a date with (unsuccessful date though ha ha ha - he is a man with an ex-wife who asks him for money all the time, and his two children too. I don't really want to hear about it). He came by car and we went to a very beautiful place called Pozo Azul (blue well); it is a small waterfall surrounded by mountains and amazing tropical plants. We drove one hour up the mountains on a very small and bumpy road and when we arrived we jumped in the river. The water was very cold so I managed to stay there for only 15 minutes (Chloe for 2 minutes). Pozo Azul is a place unknown for tourists, you can visit it only if you know local people.                      
In the evening I met Jose' for a drink and later in the night I met William from Couch Surfing and his friend.
Tomorrow I am leaving Santa Marta for Cartagena :( I have had a fantastic time in the town but now it is time to go as I want to enroll in a Spanish school in Bogota'.
The result of the first stage of the presidential elections is that two candidates: Santos and Mockus will fight again on the 20th of June. Santos got 47 per cent of votes and Mockus 35 per cent (most of my friends voted for Mockus). In the picture one of the polling places in Santa Marta.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_presidential_election,_2010
Here are my pictures from Maracaibo in Venezuela:
Maracaibo