Monday, May 3, 2010

This morning I had to wake up at 6.30 am as I have to leave the house with my host when she goes to work. She rents a very beautiful flat with three other girls but the landlord doesn't like the Couch Surfing idea. The girls still participate in the project but they ask their guests to leave and come back home with them. I do not mind doing it for few days as the girls are great but on Wednesday I am moving to the house of my next host (the one whose phone was switched off when I arrived in Caracas) so I will sleep a lot then :)
I got up at 6.30 am and I decided to do some visiting until 6 pm when I go to an Italian class!! Yes, Italian class in Caracas!! :) - my host Laura learns Italian so she invited me to do the class with her. 
So... in the morning Alejandro from Couch Surfing phoned me and asked if I would like to meet up. I contacted him a few weeks ago and I asked if he wanted to go out for a drink. Today we went to a beautiful botanic garden, then to the University of Caracas and to a place where you can see church, synagogue and mosque next to each other (meaning: how tolerant the country is!! - it would never happen in Poland).
I also found out the origins of the world "mafia" (while talking to Alejandro): Morte alla Francia Italia anela. I never really thought that the word had a meaning....
Mafia 
In the picture with Alejandro and his friends.