Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yesterday we didn't go out. I was tired after swimming in the sea all day and then buying presents in a huge shopping centre. José and Arturo showed me a video and a TV programme they made about modern music people listen to in Colombia. It was very interesting as I thought that apart from salsa, vallenato, Pacific and Andean music (and other traditional music) people don't listen to anything else. The brothers are very talented and creative, I hope that one day they will be successful.
This morning we went to another beach, situated 30 minutes by bus from Santa Marta. The beach is called Pleno Mar. It's wonderful, it's my favourite beach near Santa Marta so far, with few people on it (in the picture), because tourists don't know about the place.
In the evening we met my Colombian friend Rocio. We went to Toto salsa bar, one of two salsa places in the town. The music was good although the sound system was really bad (Cali would never accept such a low quality of sound). The place was nice and very traditional, and beer was cheap.