Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In Santa Marta

Santa Marta is my last stop before flying back home on Monday. Cali - Santa Marta: 1170 km, 2.5 hours on 2 planes, cost: 60 pounds. I changed in Bogota'. The airport in the capital is the worst one I have seen in my life. The last time they lost my luggage, this time we were waiting 2 hours to board the plane. Yeimmy who is a stewardess and flies a lot in the country, confirmed that. I think it will have to change soon as Bogota' is the centre of economic activity in the country and the airport should represent it.
It's amazing that in Colombia you have so many altitudes. In Cali the temperature is perfect, in Bogota' it was cold and now in Santa Marta it's hot.
Anyway... I luckily arrived in the town and I took a taxi to the family house of my hosts Jose' and his brother Arturo. Jose' studies journalism and he works for the local television. Arturo studies cinematography and he wants to make a film or to do something to develop Colombian cinema, little known in the world at the moment.