Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yeimmy sleeps by the window, and her flat is situated on the first floor. Three times in the past she woke up in the middle of night because there was a hand sticking in through the window and searching for something valuable. Luckily there are metal bars in the window so the man couldn't enter the flat, he could only believe in being lucky to grab something profitable. But it was sleeping Yeimmy who got the hand on her head and as soon as she realised what was happening, she shouted loudly. The person immediately run away. Can you imagine this happening to you??? Yeimmy didn't report it to the police because this is kind of normal thing in Colombia...
Yesterday I met my friend DJ Ara. He opened a hotel two months ago. The hotel is very nice, with many pictures of famous salsa singers on the walls. We talked for ages and then he invited me home for a dinner cooked by his wife. We talked a lot about subject which interests me very much at the moment - where I want to live in the future. Ara lived in London for 5 years, he hates the city. He also lived in Rio de Janeiro, and now in Cali. He and his wife are planning to come back to Rio, city they love. Well, I was reflecting on this. I think I love London, just that I need to organise my life better when I am back. However, I don't want to live in London forever. I love sea and I want to live by a beach. I love Buenos Aires however it takes one hour to get to the seaside, like from London to Brighton. Living happily is what I want when I am back. I wasn't happy in my last year in London, there is why I began my South American adventure, to change something. I ask myself every day now: has something changed through my trip?????