Thursday, February 17, 2011

I went to Taganga beach yesterday and today (in the picture). I noticed that something changed about me, something I like. I have always been a beach lover, frying my body whenever I could without any sun blocker, to get brown quicker. The hotter a country was, the longer I stayed in the sun. So here I am - on the wonderful Taganga beach and I don't care at all if I am going to suntan or not. I just don't care... and I can't believe it. I still love the sea and swimming, I am glad it hasn't changed.

Yesterday I visited my ex-hosts Carmen and Claudia. I stayed with them for two weeks in May. I had a lot of fun with the girls as they were determined to find me a boyfriend. As soon as I arrived in Santa Marta in May, their male friends started calling me and inviting out, ha ha ha... unfortunately I didn't like any of them. It looks like the girls haven't changed a bit since my last visit. What has changed is that now that I can have a normal conversation with them as I speak Spanish.
Regarding my host family, their dog is dying and I am so sad witnessing this. He is 15 years old, blind and deaf. He can hardly walk and seems to be in pain, and he walks around the house bumping into objects.