Friday, February 18, 2011

I had an interesting conversation with Jose' about my favourite subject: guerrilla. He and Arturo made a short film about it, about a young man who joined the Colombian army. Soldiers get paid if they kill a guerrilla member so they kill innocent people, put gerrilla's clothes on them and claim it to get money. Of course you can't talk about it openly; in the film mother of the young man asks him to give up the army. The message is hidden but everyone knows why she does it as there is blood on her son's uniform. I am happy I can talk about things like this with the brothers, there are many people in the country who deny the reality.

Last night we went to a district called Citadela to find a salsa club. It wasn't possible because there was only vallenato music in all the clubs and bars. This part of the country listens mostly to this kind of music, which I like too.
Today I spent all day at the sea again. First I went to the Rodadero Aquarium which was great, I saw a lot of species of fish and sea animals (in the picture: dolphins show). Then I went quickly to a famous White Beach (Playa Blanca) and then I spent some time on the beautiful Rodadero beach. The Caribbean Sea is just amazing... water is transparent and it's so peaceful....
Here is a next set of my pictures:
My last weeks in Cali