Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On Monday I went to Las Brisas, a famous salsa club in Jarmundi, 24 kilometers from Cali. I went there with Javier but he was tired after work so he came back home soon. I was dancing with friends I had met in the club months ago. The music and passion of people in the place are unbelievable, as well as people's simplicity, a lot of plastic (meaning: women's breasts and bottoms sticking out in a very unnatural way) and a lot of mafia men. Incredible place.
My friend offered me a lift home but five minutes after we took off, his car stopped as it had no petrol. We were waiting on this quiet at night road for half an hour until an angel on a motorbike stopped and helped us. He brought some petrol in a plastic bag, from the nearest petrol station.
Yesterday I had my second teeth whitening session. The pain I experienced after that is difficult to describe. I went to Orlando's house and cried in his arms, he tried to distract me from the pain by talking to me all the time and singing. I didn't sleep most of the night. I took a lot of painkillers but they didn't help. Never again the same torture.
In the picture: the view point in Dapa where we went on Sunday.
Another set of my pictures:
Cali Christmas and New Year's Eve 2011
And video: Concert of Los Van Van